View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #99
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Another Update:

The North Jersey guys came over again this weekend and we made another push. The motor, trans, and K-member are back in the car. Headers are installed and look great. We didn't install the intake manifold, as 1 coolant crossover tube gasket was missing & had to be ordered. Gasket/Seal was delivered today, and I'll be putting the intake back on & start making harness connections this week after work.

One thing I did overlook, that MyFirstZ and V realized, was that the transmission cross-member off of my LS1 car could not be reused on this '95 car. I'm in the process of acquiring a new one now.

I replaced the alternator with a new one, there was a nice crack in it--likely from the accident. The alternator never gave me any issues, but while the motor was out, we noticed that the pulley wasn't spinning freely. So, a new one was ordered and installed.

V saw that the tires were facing opposite directions. Too much for a tie-rod adjustment to correct. Theory is that the steering arm on the spindle may be bent, which sounds plausible as the driver's side tie rod, rack, wheel, and alternator all saw damage. It's something I'll look into more after this week.

There's still so much left to go back in the car though
Fuel tanks, steering shaft, AC, radiator, gauges, trans xmember, ABS module, coolant tank, brake booster, master cylinder, shifter, torque arm, connect hoses/lines, tighten down power steering lines.

Big thanks to MyFirstZ, V, and even LS1ow (who came by only to eat breakfast sandwiches and pose for pictures) for coming by and helping out.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote