View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #9
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

While I totally get what you guys are saying about limited time and whatnot for each of your own lives..... I guess my statement was more towards the whole group of people on here (and guests who just read) as being "why does it seems that almost nobody else seems to ever participate in bigger events, year after year after year; not just this specific time-period. it is disheartening to think that low participation turnout at these type of events is simply/only going to lead to bigger events shutting down and going extinct in the short future. Every year when I go to some of these things, its less participation than the year before. It's never going to be the wild mania and awesomeness that was the late 80s-early 90's of car paradise, but if we keep not participating and hoping other people will show up instead... that doesn't seem like it will work. I'll admit, I had to miss the Camaro Nats and the Chevy Nats this year because I was unable to get off from work for ANY of those days. That sucked, but I at least feel good every time I can go and I always always have a ton of fun. I street drive the car to whatever event I go to, park it, and barely even hang out by it all weekend. I spend my whole weekend walking around, talking to owners and builders and racers, taking photos and videos, and hanging out. I brought a chair this weekend and didn't even sit in it once. I don't enjoy that "sitting around babysitting the car" portion of car shows. So yea, I do know that we are all busy and all certainly do enjoy wrenching on/driving our cars, but I am hopeful that we can get more people interested in events and pre-plan it onto our calendars. especially one like this, with a big car show and 3 days of racing cars that ran e.t.s from in the 5 second zone, to the 11 second zone.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-16-2019 at 09:36 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote