View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #51
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Millville is too expensive to do anything. We can't plan things that cost $250+ prepaid, no one will sign up. I ran there this April and the price was reasonable and yet no one from the club came despite it being advertised here for months. So we will not look to do anything there. We already talked about atco. If someone wants to take the reins on that go for it. But too many folks won't pull $5 out of their pocket, and we try to accommodate as many as possible.

another way to look at it: the meet is just a place to end up at - a target. why is it dependent on the club to make a whole day out of something? take august for instance. meeting up at texas roadhouse in millville. there is nothing stopping a group of guys from making a day of it. planning their own trip through the sticks, or going to atco afterwards, or whatever. We do that all the time - going to shore meets or chatterbox for instance. we make stops, etc. We even post the dates in advance so people can make plans.

I did a whole deal for the last September meet in Belmar and Howell and very few people came out. that was a lot of work for little return. I personally no longer have time to do such planning, especially if no one comes.

If you don't want to put gas in your car and drive it, perhaps you're in the wrong hobby.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote