View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Nothing like a little last minute drama...

As some may know, I'm headed to race at the Slipstream season opener in a couple weeks. I got the front brakes done and with a huge thanks to Adam, he got the new clutch master/slave and all fluids replaced/bled last weekend.

I tossed on a set of wheels and went to go see how everything feels. I didn't get far before I heard some banging from the front end. I wasn't sure if it perhaps was due to clutch pedal adjustment, brakes or something else. I turned around and headed back home.

Pulled the wheel off and noticed the top of the shock was all the way down. You will notice the ripped rubber which came from the upper shock mount. My guess is the rut I hit a couple times in the braking zone at Atco last year busted the upper mount. When I jacked the car up to work on the brakes, it likely came all the way loose and through the hole. I didn't notice it when buttoning everything up and taking it for a ride.

Getting a new upper mount is no big deal and the shock itself, other than the top portion is all fine. The trouble will be finding that new piece or having to buy a whole damn new shock...ugh.

Hopefully I can get this thing together in a couple weeks.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote