View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
What a great story, thanks for sharing it.

What's your dream for the car when its complete? aka paint/body etc
Well my dream and goal for it are completely different.

I want the car to be a clean stock example.
I'd love to strip it down to the chassis and do a nut and bolt restoration. But the reality is that it would not be worth it. Due to the high mileage and rebuilt title history, the car will never be worth that much. Even though I don't plan on selling it, I still don't want a money pit. I recently saw a clean low mileage original one for sale at 10k. If I had the money I would have bought it, lol. Therefore this car will just be a fun driver. I do plan on doing a repaint in the future though, but nothing crazy.

That's my goal. But my dream is a highly modified, 600+hp, 6spd trans, digital dash, lowered, white, t-top, stock interior/exterior looking Notchback. And that's what my other '88 GTA will become, without worrying about originality. Any Notchback specific parts that are impossible to find/buy will be copied off the parts on the red one. So to anyone looking at the car, the white one will appear to be a real notchback(just without the RPO code). I will refer to it as a clone and not claim its a real one though. And when possible, I'd bring them to shows together.
V is offline   Reply With Quote