View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #10
V
Stalker

Progress has been slow but stuff has been getting done.

-Currently the interior is still out. Floor has been cleaned up, sanded and painted, plus all seams have been resealed.
-I replaced the missing washer fluid tank with one that I had laying around.
-Fuel pump was dead so the gas tank came out. (dropped the rear). But in the process I had to cut the sway bar end links. I got the new ACDelco end links today as well as new rear shocks since they were out anyway.
-Other new parts that arrived today were new fuel pump, new sender gasket, new pump strainer, new fuel filter, and new oil filter. All ACDelco parts.

I'm picking up another gas tank this weekend so hopefully by mid next week, I'll have the tank back in the car and ready to try to get the car running. I just need to do an oil change first, check all the other fluids, and charge the battery.

I still need to get the wheels off the car though and get new tires on them. Apparently the car has the GM wheel locks but there was no key in the car for them.
I checked my white GTA and that too has wheel locks, but no key either. I was sure I had at least one laying around from previous cars but I couldn't find one so I bought a NOS GM wheel lock kit off ebay just to use the key. It arrived yesterday and I tried it this morning. No luck. The set I bought was the larger diameter version, same pattern but just bigger. I decided I would just use a 20mm 12-point socket to bash on the locks and get them off that way. So tonight I decided to look one last time for a spare wheel lock key and of course I finally found one that fits. So now I can at least get the wheels off.
V is offline   Reply With Quote