Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #1634
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

While buttoning up the interior stuff i stumbled across a new problem. As you may remember i had some issues with the shift linkage on the car, so i replaced the cable with a brand new GM unit. Put trans itself in N and put shift assembly in N as well, and popped on the new cable.

Runs threw the gears okay, but the button itself is getting stuck down. I pulled the shift knob off and saw the white "stem" was not returning back up as far is it should. So i can pull the car out of part without touching the button. Also it doesnt always pop back up when shifted into gear. So i was able to pull the shifter from the park position, down to 1 and all the way back up to park about 8 out of 10 times. The other 2 it would get caught in R, but still allow me to go from 1,2,D,OD straight into reverse. None of the gear engagements felt that solid either.

I am able to put the car in say N, pull the stem up with pliers, and it will be locked out of going into R as it should. Same with putting it in R, if i pull the stem up with pliers it will function as normal.

So pretty much is there any adjustment in this? It deffinatly feels like the stem is binding and will not freely return to the top as it should.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote