View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #9
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
Good point. I have 4 different sets of brake pads ranging from Porterfield R4-S to Hawk HPS to Wilwood street compounds and Wilwood track compounds. The Porterfields can't even lock up the tires, the Hawks and Wilwood Streets need heat in them before they can lock up the tires, the Wilwood track pads put you through the windshield by the time I'm at the end of the street. I abuse the heck out of these brakes with the Wilwood track pads and they are fantastic, but I think the time is coming for something milder.

Thanks, guys. I spoke with Bax and he was saying that his CTS-V calipers, which are very similar to the new Camaro units, are also pretty disappointing with brake feel. I don't think I need something that aggressive now anyway. Josh, I'll do what you did and give Kore3 a call. I appreciate your feedback, that's really what I was after. I will PM you with questions, though.
Do you still have your stock LS calipers?
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote