View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #18
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
It's not about whether I give a **** or not. It tastes the same warm or cold, if it tasted different, I would have a preference, if it was hot or cold for taste.
I like some things warm, or reheated for other reasons, but none of them are based on taste. I like tomato soup, made with cold milk and I will drink it like that, or sometimes I will put it in the microwave for one minute to take the cold off, it still tastes the same. Ravoli, beefaroni, chicken soup, etc all taste the same right out of the can as heated. They are all cooked already.

How flavor testing is performed is irrelevant, if I say it tastes the same hot or cold, I am not wrong. I gave evidence of how some flavors don't change based on temp, none of you have proved how it does.

Again, I say, your perception is that the taste changes and I think this has to do with you all having a sense of smell. You're conflating taste with smell, as most people do. but the actual TASTE is the same. I can see how people think something may taste different because you can smell the food more at a warm temperature rather than cold. I have a diminished sense of smell, I can still smell things, but they are not as pungent as I think most people smell.
It absolutely matters. Tons of research has been done that proves people's perception of flavors changes with the temperature of the food or drink. Individual anecdotes don't make the rule. When a million dollar product launch is happening you want the food to taste its best when prepared "normally".

You may not taste a difference, but that doesn't mean your experience is representative of everyone elses. Just because I like a cold Sprite and think a warm Sprite tastes like Brakleen doesn't mean everybody thinks the same way.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote