View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #19
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

haha,I cracked up laughing about your comment of the 10 bolt on the carpet. ha.

driveshaft arrived. it is a very nice piece. weighed in just around 21 lbs. 3" tube. fully welded. 1350 U-joints, Sonnax chrome-moly slip yoke, super high speed balanced. free lifetime replacement if I ever break it. Denny's rates this driveshaft as capable of handling 1,500 horsepower and hardcore trans-brake launches. I will NEVER have tht much horsepower and probably won't ever have a transbrake in this car anyways, but its nice to know that this thing is stout.

Installed it with no problems. Checked my driveline angle and it was pretty good for now. I will be dialing it in after I go get a 4wheel alignment in the next few weeks.

Took the car on a road test after doing the recommended break-in session as per moser...which was to put car up on jackstands and let rear axle turn for 2 minutes in Drive, and then 2 minutes in reverse....followed by some road time with moderate driving for 15 minutes. .

the tru-track is niiiiiiiiiiice. I have no gear whine noise at all(my old worn out 10 bolt howled and screamed). the rear feels pretty squared up going down the road too. an alignment will perfect this, but it didn't crabwalk or anything weird. I know I have to move the rear about 1/2" to the drivers side now via the panhard bar adjustment but I couldn't get it this set precise when the car was up on jackstands before.

hmmm, speedometer isn't working at all though. despite me buying a new black colored driven gear, and a whole metal new speedometer gear housing for the 700r4, so I will take it apart and see what is happening. maybe the teeth/splines just aren't engaging.

didn't get enough speed or heavy footed driving to feel any difference between the new 3.55 ratio vs the 3.73 ratio of the 10 bolt. I'm sure this beefy rear setup is robbing me of some power due to driveline loss too. oh well

all in all, project is basically complete and working great so far.

I have been sorting out an ignition issue that Polar Bear has been super helpful with recently and I think i have it somewhat figured out. Also, installed an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear brakes and gutted the current combination valve out. new Hawks HPS front pads too. some other minor things too. hoping to have a good year with the car this 2019 before the engine comes out in the winter.

]

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote