Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #1589
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Got a little more than half done with the install today. Ran(moved as fast as I can) to the hardware store and replaced the clamp hardware with some grade 8 units. That seems to be what people are doing. The x pipe is 3 separate pipes, and it lined up fairly well. Much better than my Y pipe was lol it took a little muscle to get it lined and slid together. But it should be okay. I tighten all the clamps down with my 3/8th impact, and then pulled them a pit more with a large breaker bar. With a jack under the X of course, trying to keep it as tucked as I can.

Ran into a issue with the mid hanger. The hanger is optional, the first year of TD kits didn’t even come with it, but lowered guys were complaining so they came up with it. My car is going to be pretty low, so I figured I’d use it. HOWEVER, the bracket bolts to the car using a longer bolt that replaces the rear pass seatbelt buckle bolt. So you just pull the rear seat, pull the torx and thread the new longer bolt in. Then hold the hanger to the car using the bolt and a nut. my problem was I deleted the rear seats and belts... AND GLUED MY LIGHT OZITE DOWN AND FILLED THE BOLT HOLE WITH SILICON.

...so after about 40 mins of debate, I drove an ice pick threw the silicon from the bottom so it came through the carpet in the exact spot. Then I slit an X in the carpet and ran a drill bit through it a couple times. Cut a slit in the factory bolt(shout out to Kirk for telling me that trick a while ago) and cleaned the threads. Bracket done.

Over axle pipes are in place, but not tightened down. Will finish those tmmr
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote