Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #1592
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Tried to finish up the install last night but ran into some problems. Neither are that bad, and neither are of fault of speed engineering.

The kit comes with 5 hangers total. 1 mid hanger, that was taken care of already. Then 2 hangers that replace the factory hangers out back, and then 2 that bolt to were the rear crash bar bolts to for the tips.

I pulled the bolts for the pass side rear hanger out, and upon installing the supplied hanger, the threads were completely blown out. So there is currently only 1 bolt holding in the pass side exhaust hanger. But i dont think thatll be much of a issue.

Secondly, there is some studs (4 per side) off the rear impact absorber (plastic) that come threw the body with nuts on the inside of the rear cross body panel. The hangers for the tips bolt up to the lower 2 bolts per side. HOWEVER, since the studs are mounted in PLASTIC i ran into a little issue. Snapped the damn plastic. There is about 1" of stud sticking threw the bolt still, so im just gunna try to find some bolts and sandwich the hanger between both nuts. orrrr... pull the bumper and order a tubular unit.

Anyway, pic

LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote