View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
AintQik

So, still fighting. Messed with the tune a bunch and no changes. Its something in that valve body and electrics. Pinned out the PWM feed thinking that I could just short it to ground and remove the PWM from the system. Unfortunately it carries 12v on it. Shorting that to ground would be bad lol. Somehow I doubt its going to be the solenoid itself, but I will give it a shot. Slight hope that when commanded to modulate its sticking shut and not allowing fluid to the clutch. Turning it full off opens it and allows the TCC solenoid to engage the clutch... I think. If it works fine with it commanded off, maybe a new one will fix, or I can figure out how to rig it "off". I learned a lot of builders pin it "off" to prevent it from slipping the TCC. Supposed to be better for the clutch to be on or off and not slipping all the time as directed by the PWM. So, getting it full off does nto scare me and drivability with it commanded off has not really been bad. Of course my understanding could be completely wrong and it grenades in a week, but at least I will have to get a new tranny and that may result in a fix, or prove to me what i have been thinking all along that the PCM is bad
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote