Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Added a little "bling" to the car tonight. I put in my 92TA tail lights in the car. I swapped out the tail light harness and added the housings to the car

Put in an LED for the license plate light.

I also put some LED reverse lights and the amber turn signals. After I changed the LED's the signal wouldn't work, I had to put in an electronic flasher. I actually bought the amber for the front turn/running lights, but I was missing one for the tail from the old harness so they went in the rear.

The reverse lights are quite bright, my garage door at about 15 feet or so

Also put in LED's in the dome, the map lights and the center console ambient light. When I open the door it is almost as light as daylight in the car now. I have to say this was the best mod I have ever done to a car.

I am going to try swapping out the Running/brake lights with LED's too, even though BLS recommended against it, lol.
This weekend will be blue halo LED's in the instrument cluster dimmed by pulse width modulation and then I will change out the rest of the orange interior lights. Still need to figure out what I need and order the rest of the LED's. This certainly isn't cheap

Last edited by PolarBear; 10-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote