View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #20
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraffz View Post
The 1094's don't need copper coating. Technically they are shims not gaskets but being rubber coated they will seal up.
The non coated metal ones are the scary ones to seal lol. Spray the piss outta them with copper coat on one side, let it get tacky, hold it and spray the other side. I think the smallest shims I've ever used were .008" because I was trying to tighten up the quench on a n2o motor.
i know they didnt need it since they are rubberized. ive heard people coat them and not coat them. i did it just to be safe i figured it couldnt hurt
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote