View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #22
Flippindabird

Wink

i put a transgo kit in a 110k transmission that was used by my dad(who changes fluids eccentrically sometimes when its not even needed) for transportation for 9 years then garaged and used occasionally for leisure, the 10 bolt is from a 98 formula with 65k im sure they will run 13s just fine, im thinking if theres a weak link, its the ujoints and the driveshaft cause they are 1987 vintage base V8 Firebird i have a 600$ budget for this car this year, and the vortec long block w/ rpm manifold set me back 275(junk motor) the cam was 50, luckily i have a new cloyes timing, set a gmpp gasket set and a melling hv oil pump, im reusing just about everything i can, as for the suspension, how much hook do you think theres gonna be with 245/55/16 nittos?? i got about 275 to button it up, and then, after i have the car running smooth and any issues that MIGHT come along are taken care of, i can get some upgrades, until then if anyone has something to donate (ie suspension or drivetrain items) it would be greatly appreciated like i said earlier im a family man im the lone income in my family and i have more to worry about then just making my car better, i save little by little for my car, and im tired of not being able to enjoy it once in a while, gets boring driving the Z71, explorer, and subaru and i havent driven the bird for 3 years, the 305 was slow so i vowed to make it faster, so i parked the car, now im gonna enjoy it a little this year, then park it again, and have a 383 built ls1 brakes up front, t56 swap complete suspension upgrade w/ sfc and roll bars then ill get a carpet and a headliner lol and 4th gen console and seats, then she'll be done until im ready to get a cowl hood and have it painted...
so now you know the plan, your warnings are duly noted but if she cant withstand being driven nicely for 45mins to the dragstrip, ran for a few times and driven back... then its a good thing i have triple A

and reed, how much would your "little machine work" cost? becuase i have it priced out to 325, the block work 350, and we all know what a balanced forged rotating assembly, w/matching flexplate, and balancer cost, bottom line is im not ready to spend that much this year i do believe that the heads im gonna get will be edlebrock Etec heads, they are aluminum, a good price, flow well out of the box and ill be able to reuse the rpm intake anyway try to remember we dont all have the same budget and when someone clearly states that they are not going to do it this year, telling them over and over agian to do it isnt going to change the fact that they dont wanna spend the money

Last edited by Flippindabird; 08-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Flippindabird is offline   Reply With Quote