View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #14
Teds89IROC

UPDATE

Been going away every weekend which is cutting into my wrench time. Anyway, I bought that new line figuring I already had the master and slave, manually bled the slave using my cell phone as a pair of eyes to watch for bubbles in the reservoir. After that I then used the vacuum pump which took out more air and I kept bleeding till there was absolutely no bubbles. Put the plastic cap back on the slave cylinder to keep it compressed and bolted to the trans. Fired the car up and everything still feels the same. Tried bleeding the reservoir with the pump and still no bubbles. I decided to unbolt the slave and noticed the plastic strap is still in tact, so the rod never fully extended. Tried as best I could to look at the clutch fork assembly and it definitely feels sloppy but it is sitting on the throw out bearing and sits flush with the lip of the trans. Looks like my only option is to pull the trans back and have a look but I'm stumped as to why that strap wouldn't have broke, how could there not be enough pressure with no air in the line
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote