View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #22
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
That should work great for you. As for it being a pressure issue, not having a barb on the old hard line probably caused the issue. Even very low pressure stuff usually gets one of those.
Yeah thats what I figured when it blew off. I never really checked those lines so it could have been leaking just enough to lube the hard line and slip off. Now Im paranoid about checking the trans fluid haha.

It made a hell of a mess under the hood. I was going about 40 and the airdam forced a lot of the fluid up into the headers and even onto the hood from the airflow. The entire underbody was coated, and everything that hit exhaust went up it white smoke and crusted onto the exhuast tubing. When it happened I actually thought I blew a head gasket because of the smoke. Luckily I had tools in the trunk, and pulled over really fast in the shoulder of an on ramp when it happened. After it was fixed I had to drive another 20min back home and some guy waived me down saying I was going to blow my motor soon because of all the smoke; I told him its OK, the smoke is normal
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote