View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #33
AintQik

Ok, update for anyone who cares. If nothing else I get to hear myself think and possibly come up with an idea. Car still acting up. With new fluid and when the tranny is cold it works fine. Little bit of heat in the fluid and it fails. Trans temps are in the 140s so I know its not too hot.

Datalogging, I see the computer commanding the TCC to lock. When it bounces out, I see no change in any of the status bits. Computer still showing the lock commands, still shows the TCC activated. No changes whatsoever. This leads me to believe its pressure related. So, instead of the computer I'm going to try the valve body and all new solenoids. Today I did get a couple of P1870s, which I did not get before but I was screwing with the lock command.

Based on the good performance when cold, that fact that no computer inputs are directing this and the fact that now and again I see a P1870, even though I'm doing it with the commands, my best guess is valve body. I guess I'll see when it comes in.

Oh, also, for people looking for a 98 computer they are rather hard to come by. $300 for a flashed one vice $89 for the 99-00 ones. That plus a $150 core is pretty steep. If I could be out for $89 I would throw a computer at it, but for that kind of money I'm going to hold off.

Last edited by AintQik; 11-14-2013 at 08:15 AM.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote