Thread: HID's
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

While I would recommend a good set of replacement housings, I know there are some slim pickings out there for 3rd Gen Camaro's. If you are just looking for a good quality HID kit, I would recommend the Retrofit Source components. They cost more than everything else but the quality has been pretty good based on my experience. They went through a bad stint with a previous ballast version where the ballasts didn't like to fire in very cold temperatures. A revision to the ballast fixed the problem and TRS replaced existing problem units with the new version.

DDM is also a good option. I've used them in the past with a good amount of success. The only trouble is if you have a problem, the replacement process can be a royal PITA. Everything is shipped from China direct so shipping time can take a while (sometimes a month).

Even though TRS product is made in China, its nice to have a US based company with a phone number and decent customer service to handle an issue.

If you are looking to purchase a kit, let me know. I can usually do a little better than the website and have the products drop shipped to your door.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote