View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #15
6spdg37s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Ok so it was working when commanded, did you then remove the jumper and then find the fans no longer working as expected? It does sound like there is some issue that was present before.
I left everything as it was. We just noticed it was running hot when we were tuning it, and we noticed that the left (driver side) fan was not working. I am not sure why that wire is there but that is actually the high fan wire and that is functioning correctly.

Okay so I went to my shop today and did some testing...

-relay 1 command, low fan goes on
-relay 2,3 command high fan goes on
-I checked the low and Hi fan signal wire that run from the PCM to the relay box, they both commanded the fans on as well
-once the car got to the temperature that was supposed to trigger both low and Hi fans, the corresponding low and high fan wires from the PCM had ground (fans are ground triggered)

then car starts heating up and low fan (driver side) did not come on. the car went up to 238, it does not come on with the A/C on or the A/C off. but the signal wire is sending the ground to the relay. The relays are new.

what stumps me is that the fan works when commanded or probed

unless there is a break in a wire between the relay for the low fan and the actual low fan pigtail, and it makes contact and doesn't (fan going on n off)
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote