View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

1971 Camaro LS3 build

My father and I got this project last fall as a roller with great paint. We had plans to do big block and a 4 speed in it. We built a mild 454 for it and purchased a m20. literally as we were getting done with the build and getting ready to drop it in, a LS3 came our way. So now we are going that route, LS3 carb, t56, and vintage air to turn it in to a real nice cruiser. I really wanted this plant for my IROC but my dad wanted something to race me with so he got it.

We slide in a GM ASA cam in the LS and are running a Holley 750 on top with a Holley carb intake, other than that stock valve train. For an oil pan we are using a CTSV pan, which should provide enough clearance. The t56 is on order, we plan to run a LS7 clutch in in with factory GM hydraulics (Bonzo i have been reading over your thread on Nasty for this swap). The car started off as a stick car so the pedals are already there. A 8.5in 10 bolt will be out back with 3.73, when that blows we plan to do 4.10s or higher. For an exhaust we are going with long tubes to GM performance mufflers out the back.

For wheels we have some gunmetal with polished lip torque thrust style 17x7 and 17x8 wrapped in BFG sport com IIs.

The interior had some funky 2 tone orange and black interior, so we will be doing fresh black carpet and redoing the seats. To go with the modern drive-train we will be wiring up all autometer guages. A sounds system if any hasnt been thought about yet.

Since pictures are the real reason you clicked this here are some. I dont have alot but will be posting more.

2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 03-17-2016 at 02:22 PM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote