View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #18
greenformula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
AC Delco is a logo. Duralast is a logo
Both of us use Remy to remanufacture. We use them for all our domestic alternators and starters as well as our new units.
If you had problems, I feel bad for ya, son, but I sell tons of alternators and starters, and yours ain't one.

I will put my alternators against anything from Napa or any other rip-off parts store that thinks a logo means everything.
Since the OP requested info on a new part and did not say he wanted a remaned unit I responded in the context of new units only.

Remans are a crap shoot across the board. Sometimes they work like new, sometimes they are pretty close and every once in a while they don't work at all. I'm not saying auto zone sells crap parts. I think the quality on remaned parts in chain stores is pretty even across the board, However in my opinion new is the way to go if you plan on keeping something forever.

You can say I'm throwing out money or whatever you would like to say but in the end I will put what I feel like is a quality part on my car and you will do the same with yours and the OP will do with his. It is all open to opinion and everyone's individual experience.

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote