View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #11
V
Stalker

So here's somewhat of an update:

I have not done any work or diagnostics of the truck yet but a few weeks back, I was watching some automotive tv show, possibly "Truck U", and they were discussing the vacuum system on diesel trucks. They were saying how diesel motors don't create vacuum like gas engine and require a vacuum pump to operate the brakes and other components. I also do believe they mentioned something in regards to the transmission in Dodges about being somewhat vacuum controlled. The more I thought about it, I realized it takes a little bit after I start the truck in order to get the power brakes working right since there's no vacuum apparently after sitting for extended periods of time. So today when I took the truck out, it would not engage reverse right away and instead of revving it a few times like i usually do, I just let it idle for maybe 10 seconds. When I let off the brake then, it started reversing like normal. So its seems my issue is most likely related to a slow vacuum leak that is only seen when the truck sits for a week or so. That is easily something I can deal with and accept without worrying about trying to fix it anytime soon. For now, I'm just glad that it doesn't appear to be a mechanical issue.
V is offline   Reply With Quote