Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #2441
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

All this crap going on kinda put a damper on my motivation to do this.

Long story short, i was looking at the little bit of trans fluid left in the bottom of the container that leaked everywhere, and noticed it was awfully metallic whenever the work light shined on it lol so a phone call was made.

After discussing a few options, coming up with a nice deal that involved a trans, greenbacks, a few hour ride, and some bootlegging(thanks for PA closing liquor stores) the day after the state of PA shut down, i headed out there and ended up with one of these.

Level 3 Invincible, good for 900hp

You have to remove the Bell and tailshaft housing to retain them and swap onto the new unit. This is also the answer to why i was looking for a T50 Torx Plus socket on IG and FB last week, about 70 people messaged me and said "ya i got it" and then sent me a pic of a regular Torx. Ended up just ordering a set from napa. Got them next day, did the job.

Will i ever use them again? hopefully not, but for anyone that needs them ever, Mick has. I went threw 2-3 torx bolts before calling GM to see what it is. Heres a pic of the difference.

Since i messed up a few Torx, i figured the bolts prob arent in the best shape to be reused. so i ordered a new set from GM, and these joints showed up...

What in the blue **** are those? They are "mortorq" bolts... and we are waiting for my snap on guy to get me a size 4. i guess GM decided a Torq Plus wasnt oddball enough, so we made the bolt head a pin wheel.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote