Thread: LT1 ticking
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:51 AM   #42
97Formula

OK I know it's been 2 months since I last checked in, as the whole virus thing started hitting hard in NJ putting pretty much everything on hold.

Just got the car back from the 6th shop. He said I had an exhaust leak (they smoke tested the exhaust and found the leak and fixed it). He also went over all the valves and found one or two a little tight so he readjusted all to spec.

I still have this ticking issue. The tick does not happen at all at idle, 1500 rpm, or above 2000 rpm. Right at 1800-1900 rpm is when the ticking happens. Even if I accelerate harder over 2000 rpm I still don't hear it.....just at that 1800-1900 rpm range.

He basically does not know what it is but thinks I'm worrying too much about it. I asked if he thinks it's the lifters, he says no cause they were "pumped" when he was doing the valves.

He changed the oil and did not find any metal shavings during the drain or in the filter (I had him strain the oil as it was drained and cut the filter open).

In the meantime, car runs and drives great (other than the 1900 rpm tick), still running strong, etc.

Here's a quick clip on the ticking...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IH...c-f3ubDChfDp29

Last edited by 97Formula; 04-29-2020 at 06:58 AM.
97Formula is offline   Reply With Quote