View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 04:43 PM   #73
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks for the replies fellas, much appreciated. I'll try to answer as much as I can here.

as for the oil, when I asked him which oil, he made mention of Zinc several times when telling me that the VR1 was his trusted suggestion. I will recheck with him about why. I am aware that AMSOIL also makes a zinc heavy oil (z-rod)so I'll see what his thoughts on that are as well.

I am glad to hear that I probably wont need a vac pump for the brakes. would love to avoid having to do all that. I would also prefer to use stock style/configured: water pump, motor mounts (rubber), and accessory drive configured components.

I have TPI currently so my TV able might work but not sure about my accelerator cable. also the throttle bracket will have to mount to the efi setup. I am not going with a carb because I am not a carb tuner. I am also not going with a complicated direct port injection, or any complicated ecu needing a laptop. It will get the Holley sniper unit that allows some tuning and datalogging. it has built in nitrous controller, fan contrllers, self contained ecu, small touchscreen display for dashboard, and is self learning. I would like to learn to tune eventually, but Im not jumping into it now. I am not smart enough and do NOT want to deal with self-caused problems and get pissed off if it goes awry. I want it to just work... dont care if I can gain a bit more power with a different ecu, not worth my sanity.

I will check with them about the compression ratios. I know he said it is street friendly and strip friendly so I am assuming it will be in that 10:5 range.

http://www.nyesautomotive.net/406_525hp_EFI.html
but with the upgraded Callies crank and rods, not the eagle rods

I think mild steel roll bar is going to be the winner come install time. Makes more sense to me. Thanks for the advice too

will probably order this bullet next week.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote