View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #128
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
yes, link is lighter gauge than the circuit it protects. problem with fuses on fan circuits is the initial voltage spike on start up. fast blow fuses don't always like that.
Yes I think it sounds like you agree with me that a fusible link wire is better than a blade if you set up for the fans. Is that what I’m reading correctly. Basically PolarBear and I discussed that the fuse would have a potential to blow up on the initial start up of a fan motor since it’s a high amp draw at that first time it kicks on and then it levels out and lowers down the amperage. However a fusible link would not blow, like a blade fuse would ... so that’s why we were leaning towards using the fusible link to set up.

I know that from the factory there’s a single 20 amp fan fuse in the fuse block holder under the dash. This would mean that a 20 amp or 30 amp inline fuse probably be sufficient since I am Using the oem fans, but I’d rather use a fusible link setup. Scott is that what you are in agreement on? And Adam does this also make sense to you, or I mistaken in how I am describing this?

The other option I discussed with PolarBear was the small automatic resetting circuit breakers like the ones that are underneath the dash in the metal cases on the fuse block(like for power windows etc). however, Since I already have the 14 gauge fusible link wire and it would make for a clean set up that I could easily inspect almost every time I open the hood I was thinking I would just do two fusible links coming off of the bus bar going to the two relays which go to the two fans. Thoughts ?

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-29-2020 at 03:31 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote