View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:43 PM   #132
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yes, Scott that is correct. the 20 amp fuse in the oem fuse box is on the trigger side of the relay. that wire joined in with all those ECM wires that came through the firewall on the passenger side, many wires. as part of my engine bay cleanup, that entire wiring harness on the passenger side is gone and permanently removed. The remaining OEM wiring coming through the firewall is just going to be from the C100 connector behind the brake booster. So, thats where i will have to find a wire that is hot-in-run to tap into for my switched ignition source at #86 on the relay. I was thinking of using the power wire (red?) that goes to the Unused windshield wiper's washer motor (I no longer have a tank for washer fluid or any need for it)

I confirmed that the Holley Sniper setup uses NEGATIVE ground triggers.. so it appears to be different than the other Holley software you are using Matt. The negative ground trigger (output) wires from the sniper are green and blue. one will go to #85 on each relay.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the OEM style dual fans for 3rd gens are NOT 2 speeds. they are just on/off right? not low/high/off ?
- If that is the case, I will have the sniper turn on one fan at lower temps than the second fan....and hopefully I never get hot enough to need Fan #2 to even come on at all!

I sketched out a diagram to help me make better sense of all this.

this video here also helped me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKXhwZWTVK4
along with Scott and Polar Bear in text messages.

here are the old relays, and you can see why I didnt want to reuse them; deciding it was better to start fresh with new weatherproof relays, wiring, fusible links, and only reusing the fans, fan brackets, and short length of oem wire that will connect to the fans.
- it bothers me to see how poor condition that wiring was, and it was hidden from my normal view under hood. no more of that messy hidden stuff going forward

so, let me know if my diagram/plan needs any corrections.
also, I will be making final decisions on cooling system components on Friday, so any other suggestions/advice is helpful.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-29-2020 at 03:47 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote