View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

heads and cam recommendation

here is what I'm working with L98 TPI full exhaust. I am looking for some recommendations on a heads and cam setup and later on an intake. I am looking to be in the 400 rwhp without the intake and 450 rwhp with the intake. NO spray NO boost NO carb. this car must maintain Street manners and will be driven on the weekends through a 5spd and 3.73 gears.

I would like to keep all heads and cam components limited to COMP and RHS since I get great deals on them through my job. i understand the intake will be a different brand, but I want to get the heads and cam first.

things I need help with... im a bit lost with heads and cam specs and such. what would work the best for what I'm shooting for?

things that don't need to be included in thread... how long the 5speed will last and how quickly the 10bolt with explode, I know already they are weak.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote