View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #12
transampete
9 second club

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildante View Post
Cool, I was looking at the car tonight the 305 did stall on me tonight for no real reason but hoses and carb. need parts. but it's definitely needs to be looked at. Lets say its not street legal in the shape it's in I has been on rt 9 and rt 18. It didn't have a issues those time it only stalled the day after both of those longer drives. But the only electrical that work in car is dash, head lights High beams and low beams and tail and break lights and locks windows need switches so I can test them out as well.

So if the engine is no good and I do swap to a LS engine I know there is wiring that has to be done for that. Plus isn't it expensive to swap a LS engine in for a 305?
Depends on your definition or expensive. Probably, besides the obvious, you need a motor with all the accessories and conversion motor mounts. You will also need a computer and wiring harness. Your best bet is to buy a complete pull out from a wrecked car or a part out. If you can score a good deal maybe even a trans too. You should really assess the condition of the car to see if it's really worth the effort. The electrical stuff can be fixed. Does the car need any body work? Does it have any rust? How's the interior? and so on.
http://youtu.be/adXHgZRSIvQ