View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #75
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Thanks for the input Adam. I’ll gladly take any and all input and opinions and think them over. As for the roll bar setup, my sketch is merely my ideas based off of some roll bars and roll cages I’ve seen in 3rd/4the gens that are dealing with power levels I hope to be at. I do have subframe connectors, I have the S&W subframe kit that has the main bars, a cross member and some floor bolt through plates with an outer bar to the drivers side rocker area too. I plan to keep the upper (NHRA legal) bars/swing-outs removed pretty often. I do plan to drive this car pretty aggressively on the street, at autocross, and of course at the strip. The way the S&W main sfc bars are, I’d say they are more inner compared to the bmr style that run along the rockers. If Im going to be throwing +500 tq n/a and perhaps nitrous at it, I would want to have a lower door bar there so I don’t expand the paint crack at the top of my windows/roofline to grow in the event that I get a little heavy on the throttle on the street. A goal of mine is to pull a wheelie on the street and in my driveway, so those lower bars would hopefully be good for the chassis flex. It’s a slightly crazy goal but With slicks and a torque-y motor... I can dream. When I get back over to S&W and drop the car off, I’ll chat about the roll bar design and they will have the finals say when it comes to safety and NHRA/SFI tech

Side note, I went to the concrete plant by my house today and was upset to learn how much weight I added to the car with the 12 bolt rear, beefier driveshaft, full sound system in, and a completely full gas tank but no driver..... 3,580. (+/- 20 pounds on their scale). Wow. I know I’ll be adding weight with the roll bad but I hope the engine project and engine bay cleanup can help me shave some down.
- put 71 miles on it today and did a few nitrous rips to the point where now I have no more bottle pressure to do any more in 2019.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-09-2019 at 08:13 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote