View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #69
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87IROCmadman View Post
what is the event? bday? club thing?
yes, like matt said, im coming home from afghanistan. i'ill only be home for 2 weeks since it is just my R&R and then i have to come back over here to finish out my tour. I'll be home for good a few months later.

the majority of the people here that are coming, have hung out with me quite a bit in the past and have also became friends with my other non-fbody based friends. Basically my "parties" have joined like 4 of my friend groups into one. I started having them back when i was 21, because its cheaper than going out to a bar or such and its a more relaxed feel imo. plus people can stay the night so no need to drive drunk. Then for a while i got just too busy to have people over, but when i joined the army in the spring of 2007, i started having what i called gatherings once again. and since im stationed in NY, when im in the states, i only get back to jersey twice a month at most so i'd have people come by so i can see most of my friends in one place. Dont get it wrong, these are not open house parties. The people who come are respectful of the house and dont cause problems which i appreciate a lot. I know 99% of the people there first hand, others i may meet for the first time or through friends. Anyone who cause an issue or disrespect is just never invited back again, which has been the case where a female stole anothers wallet when she drove her home, some people....

Now on a similar note, i have heard some info on estimates dates for returning home for good and also as to plans for my units next deployment back here to Afghanistan. i like what ive heard so far.
V is offline   Reply With Quote