View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
There are DOT approved 5 point belts.

My jeep has front spreader bars from the factory with a piece of cloth around it. My seat can recline under the main hoop. I should be wearing a helmet when I drive it with my 3 point belts.

Most newer cars have cinching belts, they pull you tight against the seat, the air bag deploys, you smash your face into the bag, life is good aside from bag burns on your arms and maybe some powder in the eyes.

I'm still wondering what you were talking about with seat depth etc? Sure a flimsy kirkey should be supported by the cross bar but stock seats survive highway wrecks.

In my humble, biased, and mostly incorrect opinion, you either do it right for the track and sacrifice safety on the street or keep it right for the street and sacrifice safety on the track. If you try to do both, neither will be safe.

And Rob is right, you are 10 point halo land brah.
This is the point of the thread basically.

Obviously I need a bar of some sorts but I daily drive the car for the most part so making it so the bar doesn't kill me in a accident round town, how would you do it.

I think a pure 100% NHRA passing bar is not that paramount, as most of the tech I have seen at T&T nights/rentals is nonexistent.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote