View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 02:25 PM   #13
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

The worst was techs lying about brake jobs. I saw it all the time. Selling brakes on a car that had 6mm-7mm of pad left.

Flatrate is ****** because you only make money if the dealership makes money. I started off as a lube tech and I tried to upsell whatever was needed. Problem was, I'd get all the $20 coupon LOFs that require everything to be checked, while I get .3 of an hour. I'd check everything, get prices on what was needed, wait, and be told "just oil change". No way to make money on that.

Meanwhile, guy next to me gets 90k Tbelt, 4 wheel brakes, etc. all day, doesn't have to upsell anything. Oh, he also can't diagnose **** and keeps having come-backs.

I also had a writer sell a 90K on a car that needed NOTHING. Plugs were good, fluids clean, air filter was even ****ing clean. He said "I sold it, do it". I felt disgusting replacing the things. I kept the old parts because they were like brand new. Hated that writer with a passion.

It was a very hostile industry which is why I left it for IT
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 05-15-2017 at 02:26 PM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote