View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #54
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanvette75 View Post
Gonna throw my 0.02 in here since I am in the same boat. I have a Wolfe 6pt sitting in my garage but have already come to the realization that I am going to be needing a full cage. From what I have researched, the 6pts are really not that bad as far as clearance goes. The hoop is decently far away and the door bars can be removed when you get swing outs with it (like I did). S&W makes a kit to convert a 6pt into a 10pt, which I believe is good to 8.50 (forget the mph). My friend has that conversion in his Vette and IMO I would not run it on a street car. His helmet rests on the bar when he sits in it, so clearance sucks. What I am going to do is put the 6pt I have in there now and get someone to do the 10pt conversion custom, so that I have the most head clearance from the halo possible. And just a tip when you are looking into it, the bar that goes across attaching to the 2 a-pillar bars behind the dash isnt required until 7.50, so you dont need that...
Not to be taken as me being a pain, but from what I read so far, converting a 6pt bar to cage with halo is much more work than buying a 10 pt cage new. So think that over before ruining the resale on your bar.

A 6 pt is good to what, bottom 9s no?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote