View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #66
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

ET of 11:50 -10.0- slower then 134.9MPH you need a roll bar. That is typically a 6 point type. I have an S+W, which is an 8 point, has cross bars from the main hoop to the trans tunnel. I have swing out and I remove them when not at the track. NHRA rule is the side bar must pass between the shoulder and elbow, so its right at the arm rest on the door, making it a nuisance when cruising. I have my main hoop padded just for a bit of extra safty, and it does reduce some of the visabilty out the back window. NHRA rules define how must room between helmet and bars, and if installed this way, you are not going to make contact with the bar in a crash.

ETS 9.99 - 7:50 over 135 MPH is a roll cage - 10-12 point and a chassi certification. this adds the halo, down tubes at the dash, and through the firewall bars to tie everything together, window nets, parachutes ect. allot more race then street, My Guess, I haven't check the recent rules, but you use to be able to have swingouts.

7:50 -> 175MHP? Pro cage, with the bars that encase the drive. Don't think this is street legal due all the obstructed view. And with this you head can make contact with the bars.

Again, I would need to check the rule book. But NHRA use to have a clause for a "pure stock" car was exempt from some of the safety rules. Pure stock, if you even put in a CAI or changed muffler you were no longer stock.

I always use my 5 point harness have been pulled over a few times and they never questioned me using the 5 point and not the stock belts. But, I know they could.

For the shoulder belts, you can mount to the floor Y-belts, wrap around the cross bar, or mount to the cage. I have tabs welded to the cross tube for by belts.

** There are a few companies that sell roll bars that have thigh high side bars, and removable cross bars so you an use the back seat. these are NOT NHRA legal cages.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 12-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote