View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #26
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I don't see any reason to stop people from voting on what they like and want to win.

Remember the Nats car show is subjective to the person viewing the cars, and that the voting is purely by the people and not by a set of judges assigning points. Why would you ask people to vote if you plan to ignore them and give the win to someone else? Or worst yet chase people away from the event if you are telling them they won't be allowed to win?

Best Camaro and Firebird in class doesn't automatically mean it would win best of show, but logically it should.

My Suggestions:

A) What about next year list the 2008 winners on the ballot. If people still feel it deserves to win again let them vote for it, if THEY want to give their votes elsewhere they can?

B) From the pics it appears some of the cars had their hoods closed. I've been in a few shows where the hood and trunk had to be opened. I think that would make a nice addition as you can see how detailed the entire car is. (I HATE seeing a car with a dirty engine!)

My questions: ( Yah, this is a bad timing too ):

A) Did the car show participants feel the price was good? Would you pay a few dollars more to enter if there were more awards to be won?

B) How did the Racers feel about the cost? Would you pay more if there was more money or maybe round money paid?

C) Were you considering running the buy back round?

*** What did you think of the racing classes? **
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!