View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
Pro90rscam
'08 East Coast Nats Best of Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
No doubt about it, you stirred up some comments. Why do you have to post up the FACT that you spent $85,000 on your car, and nobody came up to you because you think you have the best car. What are you going to do if someone beats your car at a show that ONLY spent $8,500 on their car. Cry foul because YOU think it is better. WE ALL think we have great cars, and some of us do our best with what we have. Your idea that you spent the MOST money on your car does NOT give you the bragging rights to being the best. THAT right goes to the judges and the other owners who feel you may or may not have GOOD TASTE in what you paid for!

Ok, so I posted that about what is into it and I agree with you that it does not make it the best car for how much is dumped into it. I have been to many shows with this car and I have been beat out by others that do not have as much into theres as mine has due to the way the shows are run. I will tell you this that I do not do very well at participant judged shows compared to professional judged shows in which the car does well. When I do not place at a show or am beat by someone else, yeah it is bothersom, but I get over it and look forward to my next shows. Basically when I posted about how much is approximately into the car I did not mean it to sound like I have the best car, because there is always one out there better. I wanted to be cool with everyone and the thoughts I posted was just thinking out loud and that is the way I felt when I heard the comment of previous winners being limited to 1 trophy. It is what it is and sorry if my previous post sounds this way.