View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
Pro90rscam
'08 East Coast Nats Best of Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
First off I think the event went well considering the rain. I have a few ideas to break up the show field a bit but I don't think it's right to purposefully hurt multiple trophy winners. Some cars are just that good and depending on what the judges/crowd are looking for, a different winner may result.

The logic is tricky to get around considering that the best of show should also win best camaro/firebird and best in their generation. The only way you can get more diversity of winners is going to be limiting the number of wins a single car can achieve. Limiting a car to one trophy and whichever is more "prestigious" could solve this. Such that Best of Show can only win that and nothing else.

It's tough anyway you cut it but I've had a great time going to shows just for what they are....to show my car. The trophy is honestly icing on the cake for me. Sure we all love our cars and want to win something but I enjoy going around, talking with people and seeing what they did with their car.

It wouldn't sit right with me if my car won because a car "better" than mine won last year and can't win consecutive years.
I totally agree with you on what you said, well put. It would give other people and their cars a chance for an award. You never know year in and year out what kind of cars will be rolling into the show or event. I myself believe that winning multiple awards can not go on forever!