View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #62
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
The NJFBOA puts this event on with a very low budget, the club sponsors and what donations we can get, and allot of donated time. Starting with Island Dragway basically letting us take over the track for free. If we had the money for an outright track rental, or car count high enough to get exclusive use of the track things would be different. So having T~n~T cars there is just something we can't control right now. I work at a dragstrip and know what it cost. And we really have to thank and appreciate Island dragway letting us do this each year. They would be loosing money with just us there. Trust me, there are very , VERY few tracks that would let anyone do this, you would need to rent the track, and the cost wouldn't be like a track rental for 10 cars. You need allot of money to take over a track and run an actual competition event, full staffing and prep'd lanes is allot of overhead!
Just to add to the part of this in bold....I heard comments about this from a few people at the track this year. I think people seem to think that taking over a track for a day would cost the same as your normal track rental. We talked to Atco Raceway about 5 years ago about putting on an event at their facility, and their price quote to us for exclusive use of the track for a Sunday event was over $20,000 (and I'm sure it has gone up since then). At that price, we would need to get 400 people through the gate @ $50 each just to break even, and that doesn't include money for payouts or trophies. Just something to think about when you feel the need to complain about the Test N Tune cars (believe me - I wish we didn't have to deal with them either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp88gta View Post
i agree, some special awards by other people other than the public would be nice and break it up a bit
This is something that we are definitely going to look into. Another idea that someone gave to me in person was to only allow the show participants to vote for Best of Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninrubberGT View Post
a stock class, or non restored class (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen), for people who spend their time keeping the paint/engine/interior in good condition that has been there since it left the factory.....for people who cant dump money into a new paint job and drop in a new engine and interior
This is something that we will definitely look into once the show grows. At this point, adding in too many classes just means that spectators have to spend more time voting (which means less time talking to owners about show cars, watching racing, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
i seem to remember tim saying something about having some sort of joint venture with pontiac enthusiast at last years show.......not much came of that, in terms of advertising or anything.
Without pointing fingers or placing blame, there were a lot of great promotional ideas that were discussed last fall/winter that could not be accomplished because of events in Tim's personal life. We will be working around any such issues for all future events.

- Justin