View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #64
Untamed

I really enjoyed the show and racing and didn't mind the spectator cost. Island has done a lot for the club, so spending just a little more to help them out is just as good as supporting the club financially. The track folks had the place set up well, with two lines at the gate to get in (when I arrived after 12 noon) so didn't take but a few minutes to get through.

The NJFBOA tents at the front gate and by the track were easy to find, though handing out the bags at the front tent should go a little smoother. Folks rolling in need to get their bags at the front tent and move on, don't linger and chat, holding up the line. You can always walk back and talk.

There was more space between cars on the show field, making pictures a little easier for catching front-quarter shots. If it's possible, I'd still like to see cars backed at an angle. I also liked where the cars ended - well before the bridge. Safer that way, as folks wont be walking around the end car, looking at it and not paying attention to traffic going by.

While I agree more advertising is helpful, I think we can all surf the net and drop messages on other F-body boards about the event. Some folks in the club do that well, but we can all help out by adding traffic to the threads. Print media is up to the mods / admin and the budget available. To prove some advertising worked, I had a chance to talk with a family that JUST moved to NJ from Canada. They'd heard about the event and stuffed four adults and a dog into a third gen Camaro, so the word does get out. The Camaro still had Ontario plates on it.

The only real negative experiences I had was the rain (duh) and that damn red... whatever the hell it was, in the TnT crowd. There's loud exhaust, and then there's obnoxious. That fool crossed the line. We shouldn't need hearing protection on the show field!

I really look forward to the Nats every year. Kids were disappointed they didn't go, but that allowed me more time to catch up with members, meet some new folks (<86TA>, love those wheels and spoiler!), and watch some racing.

Thanks guys.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.

Last edited by Untamed; 09-02-2008 at 10:23 AM.