Thread: ATTN: LT1 Guys
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 11:05 PM   #7
Injuneer

There's a detailed 3-page install article on the Delteq in the November issue of Chevy High Performance magazine. I can fax you a copy if you are interested - e-mail me your fax number. There are also several fairly extensive threads from actual Delteq users on the "LT1 Engine Tech" board at CZ28.com. Most of the feedback is extremely positive.

Just to make sure everyone understands.... the Delteq Stage 1, like the Bailey LTCC LS1 coil conversion, requires an Opti with a healthy optical sensor to provide the high and low resolution pulse patterns, that are still required for the stock PCM to function. Delteq claims to be working on a Stage 2 kit, that competely eliminates the need for the Opti, but it has been "coming soon" for about 8 months.

From my personal experience running a similar system, using the Opti optical sensor as a cam position sensor, feeding my MoTeC computer, and driving 8 LS1-style coils, just getting the high voltage stuff out of the Opti case seems to make it far less sensitive to problems. I've been running the system with a vented Opti conversion for over 4 years, with a 7,000+rpm redline. George Baxter used the same MoTeC-based system for 5 years with his 9.04-second 30th SS convertible, with an 8,000+rpm setup.

If you are interested in pursuing the GP with "elite", it is run by Jim Maldonado, who used to be one of our CJC/FO members, and has now moved to FL. We can probably use that connection to get some sort of discount.

1994 Formula - 381ci / 300-shot N2O / TH400 / Gear Vendor OD / Strange 12-bolt 4.11 - 11.5@117 on straight motor
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote