View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #62
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN View Post
It was somewhat sarcasm. I do love the styling of the first gens and if it wasn't for them, there would be no 99 like I have. I'm just saying that if the cars in pictures 6 and 9 were not as old as they are, those pictures wouldn't get nearly as many votes as they have. I understand this is COTM, but the background of the picture does have something to do with it. I don't see how just taking a picture of your car in a parking lot with other cars should be good enough to win. But this is just my opinion....
But they are....and it is not a pure photo contest. Like Mike said it is a combo of both photo quality and the car itself, and a user may be swayed by either or both. I usually vote for the car I like best (I rarely vote in these things) as long as I don’t dislike the pic. For me a nice older car will normally trump a car I see driving down the street everyday. Maybe I’m voting partially for the hard work it took somebody to make it that nice – it sure is harder than buying a 2002 and slapping some parts on it.

I ended up voting #9. It’s not like there are too many around here anyway, so it’s not like every one is getting trumped by 1st or 2nd gens every month. I did almost vote for #1, but I don’t like the pic other than the very cool hood thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
i remember trying to argue this point and it was shot down. i simply don't vote if nothing does it for me.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote