View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #35
8SecC5

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post
Thanks!

I had a guy on LS1tech say in a sarcastic manner "Gotta love the internet, where a bolt on LS1 car can trap 122mph ..." Then asked me if I ever heard of Einstein and Newton's laws.. What a jerk lol. He obviously doesnt race or race enough. drag racing is more than just the simple laws of mass*acceleration and all that other jazz

There are a few variables that will make the car faster without adding hp. For instance- A high stall converter will yield waaayy better acceleration results than a stock converter. If i put a stock converter back in my car, I'd be willing to bet that I'll go about 6-7 tenths slower. my 3400 converter helped me to gain 5 tenths and 2mph in the 1/4 mile and the 4200 converter gained easily 2 tenths and 1mph on top of that. also, locking the converter after the 1/8 mile picked up an easy 2mph as well, since that increases the effeciency of the stall converter when its locked and spinning 1:1 with the motor

What exactly is your definition of "bolt-on"? If you're going to tell me you're running stock cubes (346), A4, with no head/cam work and 3100-3200 race weight and trap 122 - then I call ******** and agree with the guy on LS1 Tech. That is only a few MPH less than a serious 346 H/C A4 build built by AMR.
8SecC5 is offline   Reply With Quote