View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #81
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Your head can still travel up and back into the main hoop from a real bad rear end or angle rear shot. I don't think a 3pt would keep you secured enough for that motion IMO.

Logically speaking a 3pt is more idiot proof than a 5pt harness and much easier for a EMT/fire crew to cut you out of the car.
that would be quite a wreck to take move the body up and back. which in my thinking gets back to 80/20. what you describe to me sounds like a 20%er while the wreck I was in is an 80% example. And my neck did not snap. Seat choice matters, as well as exactly where that bar is behind you. And where NHRA wants it.

Egress is a discussion we have not had. That was one of the interesting takeways for me talking to Ron last month. He said his drivers practice getting out of the car. Another thing that seemed perfectly logical but I had never thought of. Harness, HANs, smoke, cage bars, I imagine it can get quite tense getting out of a car. Imagine someone else trying to get you out of a burning car if you are wearing a harness, which is unfamiliar equipment to most people.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote