View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #39
89 Trans Am WS6

Im not sure If i would go back to the ABS block and MC after doing the wheels. If your getting nice amounts of fluid at the wheel id be afraid of introducing more air by going back up the line.

Never really gave it much thought...I was always taught furthest from master too, and apply that to the wheels..but if i had a complete new system or a lot of air I would do MC first, then abs block, then RR LR LF RF..hrm..if it works..it works lol

Most important thing Tim said was pushing all the way down. I cant tell you how many times ive had brake jobs get worse after bleeding because the guy I put in the car to pump the pedal was doing it half heartedly..usually busy texting or something. It shouldnt be a easy casual thing for the pumper..he should be pushing down hard and making sure he follows through with pressure as the pedal drops when you open the bleeder. It should feel like a leg workout. Move the seat up all the way if your short like me and cant get it all the way to the floor!

EDIT: Did you check the depth of the hole in the back of the new master? Was it the same as the old master? Sometimes they can get remann'd funny and that will throw you for a loop too. Same goes when replacing a booster..gotta make sure the pushrod inside is the same as the one your taking out.

A booster thats leaking vac wont give you a soft pedal, in fact it would be overly hard. You can disconnect the booster (pluggin the vac line of course) and start the car and the pedal should be like a rock. The booster is the assist. Without it you have manual brakes. It also has no bearing on anything while the car is off, except the fact the lil pushrod inside it has to push against the master properly.
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird

Last edited by 89 Trans Am WS6; 09-08-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Cant read. Didnt realize I was at the end of page 1, not the end of the thread..lol. :(
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote