View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #43
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

When braking power was strong, it felt like the ABS was constantly interfering under threshold braking. Basically, I assumed it was a matter of balance, which is why I added the prop valve. I don't suspect there is anything wrong with my ABS block, aside from the suspected trapped air. The issue I had with my brakes predates the addition of the prop valve. Right now, its installed between the MC and ABS block. It's wide open right now, and shouldn't be contributing to the issue at all. Prop valve is a wilwood unit with prebent lines from SJM Manufacturing. Front calipers are Wilwood SL4R with porterfield pads all around.

I went with a reman master just because I didn't know what else to get. I did a quick search and it seems that was the common replacement. I stuck with Centric for the reman because I've had success with their parts in the past.

By way of an update, the reverse bleeder helped a lot, but the pressure was so high, the fluid was gushing out of the threads of the bleeder screws of the rear calipers. Pedal firmed up a bit more and the braking power is decent but not enough. I've given up on it, and am looking for a shop that can handle it. The pedal holds good pressure and there's no leaks to be found, so I don't know what else I'm doing wrong here.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote