View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
IROC-MIKE

I was planning on showing the Fellows Sunoco Car at the Camaro Nats, but received an invite to display at Carlisle in the Race Car Showcase. I had spoken with the Camaro Nats Organizers last year about showing there because the last few years it had been the week before Carlisle. In speaking with Carlisle organizers, they tried to keep the schedule different so both could be attended but the way the season schedule worked out it fell on a bad weekend for peak attendance, so they were forced to move it to the same weekend. When I found out Camaro VIN 001 is going to be at Carlisle. I figured that car (which is currently on loan to GM) was hitting the biggest and best shows on this years tour, so that made my decision. For the last few years the GM Nationals (the former event name) was not as big as the Ford and Chrysler Nats at the same location (which are also one of the best events for those brands), so Carlisle wanted to make it the biggest Chevrolet event on the East Coast. Carlisle is truly known for the Corvette Show which is world-class and in the same league as Bloomington and other major Cirvette events on the show circuit. So to kick off the INAUGURAL event. Carlisle has teamed up with Chevrolet and GM to launch this as the FIRST Chevrolet Nationals @ Carlisle and are going to have some Historically Significant Camaros & Firebirds for this event. I'm hoping that the Camaro Nats is as equally as good of a show for those of you who go to that one and as much as I'd love to do both (since they are relatively close) the car will be in the T Building and cant be moved from when we show up on Thursday morning until Sunday night when they close the gates. Hope to see at least some of you there.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote