View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #16
strick454

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
The place that rigged up my quiet catted x pipe was a Meineke Center in Colonia NJ. Believe the owner was Bryan and he did it for a few hundred IIRC.

The trickiest part and you touched on it, was the "frame" rail driver side where the fuel and brake lines run. You will need to dimple the exhaust pipe in a large area to clear this and most places do not have the means to do that. If you look at any ORY for LT headers they all have that flat spot placed in them to clear.

If you do go this route, have some form of quick connect at the header, either V bands, or flanges and again at the rear half by the mufflers.

Be prepared for crappy ground clearance and a smelly/loud car. Also, if you ever want a chassis mounted torque arm, you won't be able to run an X pipe.

Hate to be a broken record, but just be aware of what you are getting into.
Dont worry about sounding like a broken record, i appreciate all the input. Ive accepted the ground clearance issue and the smelly/loud issue, well, ive had open headers with turndowns for the past 4 months so anything will be better than that at this point. V bands are already holding the turndowns on and i plan on keeping them in that place just in case i change things in the future. Ill find a shop eventually that wants to do the work
94 Z, Ported & Polished Impala SS heads, lt4 hotcam, vented opti conversion, 1.6 magnum rockers, pacesetter lts, 3.73 motion gears, mac ta cover, performabuilt trans, bmr lcas, pcmforless tune, etc. etc.......
strick454 is offline   Reply With Quote